Further to the UK Government announcement imposing a national lockdown in England from Thursday 5th November, some of our hotels will temporarily be closed.
Click here for a definitive list of closures and reopening dates. These dates are subject to change as the situation develops.
Count on Us. You can read about our enhanced cleaning and health & safety protocols here.
To find out more about our response to COVID-19, please visit our FAQs page.
Terms and conditions
Welcome Break Hotels accepts payment by cash, credit/debit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, Electron, JCB).
We no longer accept personal cheques.
When booking Advance Purchase Packages, full payment will be taken at the time of booking.
Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of VAT. Meals are not included in the room price, unless otherwise stated.
Welcome Break reserves the right to review its room prices from time to time. You will pay the room price as quoted at the point of room reservation. Note that quoted room prices at Welcome Break Hotels may change up to the date of your arrival. Some hotels may charge a supplement during key events and periods of high demand.
Bookings will be reserved with a valid credit or debit card.
Full payment for accommodation and pre-booked packages will be made on arrival at the hotel, however, Advance Purchase rates will be charged at time of booking. Welcome Break does not accept personal cheques.
If you decide to shorten your stay you must inform us by 12.00 on the day otherwise you will be charged the cost of one night’s accommodation and requested packages per room booked.
A debit / credit card used must have an expiry date that is valid after the date of stay.
You can pre-book breakfast, early check in, late check out and pet charges when making your reservation.
Children are classed as such up to the age of 16.
Family Rooms sleep up to 2 adults, 2 children. The layout of all our rooms is explained when booking over the phone and is described when booking online, as the configuration may differ between Hotel locations.
Sofa beds are not full-size beds and may not be suitable for some adults. Please call your chosen Welcome Break Hotel for advice before booking.
Cots are available upon request at no extra charge and are subject to availability.
We do offer accessible bedrooms which are specially adapted for customers with disabilities. For more information contact the hotel directly.
Welcome Break will make every possible effort to ensure that our guest’s requirements are met, however all rooms are subject to availability. We apologise in advance if your particular requirements cannot be met.
All of our hotels have No-Smoking policy within the premises. Smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in a £100 fine. Smoking is permitted in designated outdoor spaces.
Your right to cancel:
Rooms may be cancelled free of charge up to 4pm the day before arrival, unless otherwise stated in your contract.
If you cancel a reservation within 24 hours of your arrival, you will be charged a cancellation fee for the first night's stay of your booking.
If you decide to shorten your stay you must inform reception at the hotel that you are staying in by 12pm on the day you wish to check out. Otherwise you will be charged a cancellation fee for that night's accommodation.
The first night of any booking made after 12pm on the day of arrival is non-refundable.
Some promotional packages are non-refundable and this is stated at time of booking.
Our right to cancel:
We may cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and:
- If you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment to you.
- If you have not yet paid for your room, you will not have to make any payment to us.
Arrival and departure
Rooms are available to check in from 3pm on the arrival date.
Your room must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. Failure to leave your room by this time will result in a late check out charge.
Early check in or late check out may be pre-booked prior to arrival at an extra charge.
Length of Stay
If you make a booking or bookings to stay at a hotel for 28 or more consecutive days, we will require you to move rooms.
If you refuse to do so we may cancel your booking and retain any money paid to us for that booking.
Group booking reservations
A booking of eleven rooms or more is considered a group booking within Welcome Break. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group booking enquiries.
You and your group's behaviour on our sites
Guests must not:
- Smoke anywhere inside any Welcome Break premises. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas are identified on site. Smoking on Welcome Break premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a £100 fine – this includes smoking in your room.
- Use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, rice cookers, mini cookers or portable grills.
- Tamper with or cover any fire alarms or emergency equipment.
- Cover any electrical heaters so as to create a risk of fire.
- Store items (personal or otherwise) which could cause damage to the room, or be a risk to the health and safety of our other guests, staff or property.
- Prevent us (including our maintenance and housekeeping staff) from accessing your room(s) as and when we reasonably require.
- Remove, damage or destroy any of our property.
- Use any WiFi connection to download or access any unlawful, offensive, or obscene material.
- Cause any disturbance to our other guests or staff; or act in a manner which we determine to be indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, illegal or otherwise objectionable.
If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel or other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Welcome Break on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
If you or your group cause damage to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Welcome Break reserves the right to:
- Cancel your reservation(s) with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from our premises.
- Cancel key cards.
- Restrict access to the hotel.
- Remove your items from the room and hotel, disposing of such items (at no cost and no liability) to a local charity to the extent such items are not collected from us within 7 days of removal.
- Retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation.
- Refuse or cancel future reservations from you; and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our hotels.
Welcome Break reserves the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these terms and conditions (as may be updated from time to time), whether the reservation is in that name or not.
Welcome Break will not be liable for any refund or compensation in any of the above circumstances.
We reserve the right to change your room allocation at any point during your stay for any reason.
Company contact details
Welcome Break Group, Vantage Court, 2 Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell, Bucks, MK16 9EZ.
Telephone: 01908 299700
Welcome Break Holdings Limited, Registered England and Wales: 03290817.